As you are no doubt aware, the prime minister announced to the nation on Monday that there would be no further lifting of Coronavirus restrictions before the 19th July 2021 rather than the anticipated date of 21st June.
We had planned for many of our events to be held in the second half of this term to take advantage of the planned relaxations of Covid 19 retsrictions. The announcement has meant that we have had to take a look at our plans.
I have received confirmation from the Department for Education this afternoon that ‘ all current protective measures (in place in school) remain in place until there is a further announcement on Step Four of the roadmap. Therefore, the following measures will remain in place at the school:
The above measures also have impacted upon the planned events we were going to hold including:
I appreciate that many of you will be disappointed with the decisions I have made. They have been made by following advice and guidance given to me by the Department for Education and Public Health England. My prime concern is to keep all members of the school community as safe as possible from the Coronavirus especially at a time when Delta Variant cases are rising across Britain.
Please can I also remind you that if your child or a member of your household develops symptoms, your child should remain off school until a negative test has been received. This should be a PCR test which can be booked by calling the NHS on 119.
Although many of us have received a first vaccine or both vaccines, please can I ask for your support in these matters as, not all members of the parental body have yet been vaccinated and we have parents, teachers and children with underlying health issues.
I also want to reassure you that as a staff team, we will endeavour to make the last five weeks of this term as normal and fun as possible for the children,
Thank you for your continued support in these strange times,